“Feeding a hungry child is not charity, it is our social responsibility”

unlimited food for education

Children are being fed everyday!
I donated and made a difference!
YOU can do it too.

Tuesday, September 4, 2018

OPOS recipe : Puffed rice upma

I have made hashi mandakki many times &  the recipe is same .Yet ,the process or method is different. It is OPOS recipe .OPOS stands for one pot one shot .

All recipes in this OPOS method are made in a two litre cooker, preferably steel.I have joined this OPOS Support grp on facebook.I was drooling over pictures of items prepared the OPOS way .Finally, my parents gifted me a 2 litre steel cooker & I tried gavar ki sabzi yesterday. I messed up.

Today, I thought , why not make this vagarne murmura , the OPOS way,.....I googled & came across this poha recipe to be made the OPOS way.Substituted poha with  murmura & made this !

Ingredients : 3 cups murmura washed & drained ( 3 cups dry murmura when washed & drained will shrink to two cups murmura )    , 1 tsp grated ginger,1/2 peeled , washed & grated carrot,1 small capsicum washed & roughly chopped, 1-2 green chillies roughly chopped, 1/4 tsp haldi, 1/4 tsp hing, 1 tsp jeera, 1-2 tsp  lemon juice, a few curry leaves,salt to taste, 1 tbsp daaliya powder or puttani chutni pudi ( optional ).


Method : In a 2 litre pressure cooker, add 1 tbsp oil.& 1 tbsp water .Add 1 tsp jeera & chopped green chillies as a layer. Spread the vegetable mix of grated carrot & chopped capsicum on this green chilli -jeeera layer. Sprinkle haldi, hing, salt, grated ginger , curry leaves.

Close the pressure cooker lid. Put the whistle on. Cook for two whsitles. Put off gas. Release pressure. Open lid. Mix the washed murmura into the cooker & give all ingredients a good stir. Put back the lid on the cooker with the whisrtle. Keep it like this with lid & whistle for ten minutes. Open the lid, add the puttani chutni pudi ( optional ) . Mix all the ingredients so that puttani chutni powder gets coated on each murmura. Sprinkle lemon juice on murmura & mix .

Breakfast is ready in jiffy !!!!

I noticed that I had added very little haldi & salt was not mixed properly. And remember, murmura has its own salt as also puttani chutni pudi or powder has salt...so go easy on salt.

No comments:

Post a Comment