“Feeding a hungry child is not charity, it is our social responsibility”

unlimited food for education

Children are being fed everyday!
I donated and made a difference!
YOU can do it too.

Saturday, June 5, 2010

Khatti namkeen lauki

This is my own creation -I had this large doodhi full of seeds.I deseeded it & proceeded ahead.

Ingredients : A doodhi ( skinned & deseeded) ,1 medium carrot,1 capsicum,1 medium onion,1 medium potato,1 medium tomato,1 green chilly,a few kadipattas,1 tbsp pav bhaji masala,1 tbsp oil,1/2 tsp haldi,  1/2 tsp hing & salt to taste.All veggies are diced into 1 inch pieces.

Method : I took a kadhai put on the gas. Now,pour  the oil in it.Then I added the onion, kadipattas & green mirchi & sauted it.I added haldi & hing.Then I  added the carrots,the potato ,the capsicum & finally the tomato.Then I added salt & mixed it all.Now,I added 1/2 teacup of water to the kadhai &  mixed it.I poured all this mixture into a vessel which will fit inside a cooker .I then kept the cooker vessel in cooker & pressure cooked it till I heard 1 whistle.I put off the gas.The delicious sabzi was ready.

Tip : I used potato with skin as all vitamins are there on surface but if the skin is muddy ,it is better to remove it if it sticks in spite of  repeated rinsing.I added pav bhaji masala on instinct.You can even try garam masala,if you feel that will be better.

No comments:

Post a Comment