“Feeding a hungry child is not charity, it is our social responsibility”

unlimited food for education

Children are being fed everyday!
I donated and made a difference!
YOU can do it too.

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Soup style rasam

I had come across this carrot tomato rasam some time back while searching some recipe. I found it very interesting. In some recipes, tur dal was added as well though quantity of toor dal was very less. I decided to make plain carrot tomato rasam today as my throat was irritating me.

Ingredients : 2 tomatoes, 1 carrot, 1 tsp rasam powder, a few curry leaves, 1//4 tsp grated ginger1/4 tsp mustard seeds, 1/4 tsp jeera, 1/4 tsp black pepper powder,1/4 tsp hing, 1/4 tsp haldi,1 byadgi mirchi broken into 2-3 pieces,  1-2 tsp oil or ghee for tadka, a bunch of fresh dhania washed & finely chopped for garnish,salt to taste,


Method : Pressure cook tomatoes & diced carrot  along with grated ginger for 2-3 whistles. Cool.Puree in mixer. Add 1 cup water. Add haldi & hing.Start heating this puree. Add rasam powder, salt & pepper powder. Bring it to a boil.Put off gas.

For vagar, take oil or ghee in a kadhai. Add mustard seeds.After they splutter add jeera.Then add curry leaves & pieces of byadgi mirchi.Put off gas. Pour this vagar on the boiled soup style rasam.Serve rasam garnished with finely chopped fresh coriander leaves.




I found that pepper was too less.Even some more amount of rasam powder would be fine.Since carrot was added, I skipped adding jaggery or sugar.


Even onion can be pressure cooked & pureed with carrot & tomatoes. I ate rasam like soup.I have made this earlier though forgot to post it.This goes great with rice.It can be drunk like soup as well !

No comments:

Post a Comment