“Feeding a hungry child is not charity, it is our social responsibility”

unlimited food for education

Children are being fed everyday!
I donated and made a difference!
YOU can do it too.

Friday, December 30, 2011

Eggless Multigrain Coffee cake

I had this urge to bake & felt that coffee cake would be a great cake.The recipe is similar to chocolate cake @ http://www.egglesscooking.com/

 Ingredients : 
Dry :1 cup multi grain atta ( I used Aashirwad ),1/2 cup sugar,1tsp cocoa powder (I used bournvita),1tsp baking soda,1/2 tsp baking powder.
Wet :1/2 cup dahi, 1/4 cup milk,1/4 cup coffee decoction,1/2 tsp vanilla essence,1/4 cup oil.
tsp is teaspoon 
Mix all dry ingredients together in a bowl..Now mix all wet ingredients in another bowl.Milk amount may be increased or decreased depending on batter consistency.

Now make a well in the mixture of dry ingredients.Pour the wet mixture into this well.Mix slowly.The batter must have a consistency which is more than drop down consistency.Accordingly, add more milk.Grease a microwaveable dish with oil  or ghee .Pour the batter into the dish.Microwave for 7-8 minutes.Put off the microwave.Check with a toothpick.If it comes out clean,cake is ready.If not ,microwave for 1-2 minutes more.Let it stand for 5-8 minutes.Now take out the dish from microwave.Let it cool outside for 15-20 minutes.Then put the dish upside down on to a plate.Cut into desired shapes & serve.


I made a coffee decoction  as I had run out of instant  coffeee powder.One can use instant coffee powder like Nescafe or Bru- about 2 tablespoons.I used only half cup sugar as I did not want a  very sweet cake.One can increase sugar content to about 3/4 of cup.

I am sending this to Linking to Dish it out hosted by Foodomania as well as 

2 comments:

  1. Indeed a healthier version of cake!looks good too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great article with beautiful pics this is very rare combination, this is my goodness that I found it on google, brilliant idea you have shared thank you so much
    Online Cake Delivery in Delhi
    Online Cake Delivery in Noida
    Online Cake Delivery in Gurgaon

    Online Birthday Cake
    Online Anniversary Cake

    ReplyDelete