“Feeding a hungry child is not charity, it is our social responsibility”

unlimited food for education

Children are being fed everyday!
I donated and made a difference!
YOU can do it too.

Wednesday, January 1, 2014

Pudina chutni

I love mint.Its refreshing aroma rejuvenates me.I got a bunch of mint leaves from the market & decided to make a chutni as I wanted something tangy to taste.I searched for mint cutni recipes & found one @ http://www.vegrecipesofindia.com/mint-coriander-chutney-recipe/

Ingredients : 2.5  cups cleaned & washed fresh  mint leaves,1 cup cleaned & washed  fresh coriander leaves ,1/2 " ginger piece grated ,1-2 washed & finely chopped green chillies,juice of 1/2 a lemon ,salt to taste, 1 tsp of sugar ( optional ).

Method : Chop the mint & corainder leaves.Some use the stalks of leaves while some throw them away.In these times of high prices,it is better to finely chop the stalks & use them in the chutni.

Put the chopped leaves in grinder with grated ginger& chopped chillies.Turn the grinder on.In between ,the grinder can be stopped & some water added.Add salt after a paste like consistency has been obtained.Add lemon juice if tanginess is needed.Be careful with the salt as all green veggies have their own inherent saltiness.My chutni turned out little salty.To rectify that ,I added more lemon juice.Even sugar can be added.



I ate this chutni with palak parathas.It will go well with cutlets,patties,even in chaat items like sev puris,ragda patties etal ! This is  a good spread for sandwitche s as well !

No comments:

Post a Comment