“Feeding a hungry child is not charity, it is our social responsibility”

unlimited food for education

Children are being fed everyday!
I donated and made a difference!
YOU can do it too.

Tuesday, September 15, 2015

Mixed veggies cheese toast

I want my daughter to eat more proteins.Since, cheese  & bread is something she loves,I googled & came across this vegetable cheese toast.

Ingredients : 1/2 capsicum finely chopped, 1 small onion finely chopped, 1 small tomato finely chopped, 4 bread slices, 2 cheese cubes , 1/4  tsp pepper.

Method : Microwave the bread slices in microwave oven for 10 seconds. Keep aside.

Mix all the finely chopped veggies that is capsicum, tomatoes & onions with pepper powder. Spread this mix evenly on each of the bread slices.Grate half a cheese cube on the veggies spread on the bread slice. Microwave each veggie cheese covered bread slice till the cheese melts. Repeat with the remaining bread slices.Serve with ketchup or sauce.





I made this for my teen's school tiffin & she loved it. Even her classmates liked this !



Microwave for less than 2 minutes...maybe one or 1.5 minutes microwaving is sufficient to melt the cheese.More microwaving may make the bread hard.

This can also be done on tawa or grill  or even baked in convection oven.Pl check tawa & grill versions here.

I skipped adding salt to the toast as bread has salt as also cheese. I used brown bread & Amul brand cheese cubes.

No comments:

Post a Comment