“Feeding a hungry child is not charity, it is our social responsibility”

unlimited food for education

Children are being fed everyday!
I donated and made a difference!
YOU can do it too.

Tuesday, March 22, 2016

Baked potato wedges

I had read that potato wedges can be baked instead of being deep fried fried. So I thought, why not bake some potato wedges ?

I googled & read many recipes.Some recipes said that potatoes must be heated in boiling water & then baked at temperatures ranging above 200 degrees celsius. My microwave cum convection oven has an upper temperature limit of 200 degrees celsius.With this temperature as a limitation,I went ahead & baked.

Ingredients : 2 large potatoes peeled & chopped into wedges, 2-3 tbsp olive oil ( I think any cooking oil should be fine ) , 1/4 tsp pepper powder, 1/4 tsp red chilli powder, salt to taste.


Method : Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celcius.

As I peeled the potatoes,I made sure,the peeled potatoes were soaked in water.This helps as potatoes amy discolour to black .This helps in reducing starch from potatoes as well.Cut the peeled potatoes into wedges.Let the wedges remain soaked in water as other ingredients get assembled.

Take a large bowl.Drain the water & put the potato wedges into the bowl.Add pepper powder, red chilli powder ,salt & oil into the bowl.Gently toss all ingredients .This will help in getting all spices & oil coated all over the wedges.

Take a tray & line it with butter paper. Arrange the potato wedges singly one after another on the butter paper.No poatao wedges should be on top of another wedges. Bake at 200 degrees celcius for 35-40 minutes or till they turn golden brown & crisp .

Serve with ketchup or sauce or chutni or any dip of choice.



This was my first attempt at wedges.They do not look golden brown & yet , my kid & her friend who had come over loved it .So my baking passed the test,I believe !

Hope to have better snap of the wedges, next time around.

No comments:

Post a Comment