“Feeding a hungry child is not charity, it is our social responsibility”

unlimited food for education

Children are being fed everyday!
I donated and made a difference!
YOU can do it too.

Sunday, July 3, 2016

Mavinkayi gojju

I had a small raw mango in my refrigerator. I wanted to try this  gojju with that mango. I decided to make my recipe trying to recollect how my mom makes it.I looked up this gojju recipe on Taste of Mysore 

Ingredients : 1 small raw mango ( my raw mango had turned somewhat ripe & it was yellow on the inside & not so sour ) , 1 tbsp fresh dessicated coconut, 2-3 green chillies finely chopped, 5-6 sprigs of curry leaves ( kadi  pattas ) , 1/4 tsp methi seeds, 1 byadgi chilli broken into 2-3 pieces,1/2 tsp jeera, 1/2 tsp mustard seeds, 1/4 tsp haldi, 1/4 tsp hing, 1 tbsp gur or jaggery, 1tsp rasam powder, 1 tbsp oil,salt to taste.



Method : Roughly chopp the raw mango.Keep it aside.

In the dry grinder jar, grind the green chillies with washed kadi pattas.A coarse green mix will be obtained.Keepa side.

Grind the fresh dessicated coconut & raw mango pieces into a paste .Add little water if it gets too dry.Keep aside.

In a kadhai , take oil & warm it on gas.Add mustard seeds.After they pop up, add methi seeds followed by fenugreek seeds.After they have popped up , put the byadgi mirchi pieces.They get fried in a second or so as the oil is really hot now.Next ,add the green mix of chillies & kadipattas.Fry it for a few seconds. Add haldi & hing. Mix nicely.Now , add the raw mango coconut paste mix. Add the guthli or the mango seed as well as it has some remanent raw mango pulp sticking to it. Fry it all for about 3-4 minutes.Add 1/4-1/2 cup water. Bring it all to boil.Add salt & jaggery.Let it simmer for five minutes. Put off gas.Serve gojju with rice and or rotis.


My kadhai had got too hot & the jeera, mustard & methi seeds had turned black.My parents said the gojju was too sour .I found it to be mildly sour.




No comments:

Post a Comment